Kentucky Home Life Bldg.
239 South Fifth Street
Louisville, Kentucky 40202
Toll Free: 1-855-708-0007
Call Now! 502 - 587 - 7919
What is a Wrongful Death case?
The law authorizes a lawsuit on behalf of a person who died as a result of the intentional, negligent or reckless act of another person. Typically a family member is designated as administrator of the decedent’s estate. The Administrator may file the lawsuit on behalf of the estate.
Causes of Wrongful Death
The wrongful death of a person may be caused by a multitude of causes.
- Auto Accidents- negligent and drunk drivers
- Medical malpractice- negligence of doctor, or other medical provider, treatment or diagnosis
- Bus Accidents- negligence of bus drivers and lack of seat belts in school buses
- Boating Accidents-usually involve alcohol, negligent operation, excessive speed
- Drowning- second leading cause of death of children, usually because of negligence
- Toxic poisoning- exposure to hazardous substances
The accidents and issues mentioned above are only a few of the incidents may cause death and that give rise to a wrongful death lawsuit. Additional causes include slips and falls, motorcycle accidents, trucking accidents, airplane accidents, defective medical devices and criminal acts.
What compensation can be recovered in a Wrongful Death case?
The law allows a that the estate of the deceased person, and the surviving spouse, parent or child may recover the following in a Wrongful Death case. Damages for the estate may include:
- Medical and funeral expenses incurred by the death of the victim
- Loss of future earnings anticipated over the lifetime of the victim
- Pain, suffering and mental anguish caused by the victim’s death
Damages for a family member of the deceased may include:
Punitive damages may also be awarded if the act was willful, wanton, or malicious.
Wrongful Death Lawyers
We at the Shunnarah Law Office understand that no amount of money can ever replace a loved one lost in a fatal accident. In addition, we are well aware that the loss of a loved one also can place serious financial burdens on the surviving family members. If you believe a family member was the victim of wrongful death, it is very important that you contact a wrongful death lawyer as soon as possible. The statute of limitations for wrongful death cases varies from one to three years from state to state and we as your lawyer will need time to gather evidence and file the appropriate paperwork before this deadline lapses.
Free consultation and case evaluation
Call Nader George Shunnarah for a free consultation and case evaluation.
"THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT"
Wrongful Death Lawyer
FOR A FREE
Call Now 502-587-7919
Toll Free 855-708-0007
Insurance bad faith
WRONGFUL DEATH BLOG
Copyright 2012: The Shunnarah Law Firm | Louisville Car Accident Attorney | All rights reserved.
Kentucky Home Life Bldg. 239 South Fifth Street
Suite 1800 Louisville, Kentucky 40220